Hello and Welcome to Shayla's Creations I make handmade Cards, Mini albums, scrapbooks and crafts. I no longer sell these items but I use this as a gallery to share my work with friends and family.
I Also have tutorial and Craft reviews for my fellow crafters.
Look at the beautiful bold colors and lovely patterns!
I have plans for this line already, the colors and whole theme!
We R Memory Keepers
SO cool the Sew easy stamper!! Here is the description: "The Sew Stamper is the solution for the crafter who loves the “sewn” look but not sewing, and loves stamping but can’t find the right designs! The Sew Stamper combines the best of both worlds – sewn designs with a self-inking rubber rolling stamp that will lasts for years! 7 great interchangeable heads are currently available: straight, cross, zig zag, scallop, burst, blanket and hem:"
The Always Beautiful Prima
"a painterly anthology of flowers expressed in a refreshing mix of summer hues."
"woodland images of the forest in winter, coated in snow... trees standing bare... deer congregating amongst the natural beauty."
An artist stack of double-sided cardstock papers; impressions selected from a Victorian Era Printmaker's library of etching plates.
I would love to Welcome you all to go check out my shop tab, "From Shayla's shop with love" I am now selling Mini albums online. http://shaylacreations.blogspot.com/ I am officially set up through paypal. I am excited to try this and I hope I don't let you guys down. Thanks to those who have purchased flowers from me in the past. I appreciate each and every one of my blog followers and craft supporters!
I'm sure most of you reading this can make cards, Not only that I am sure most of your cards will blow mines out of the water. This is more of a Post to show step-by-step what I do to make a card. I was asked to do this twice already so I figured maybe others would like to see it as well. Hope you enjoy and find it useful :)
tan or white cardstock 8.5 x 11 (cut in half)
Fiskars rotary trimmer
Fiskars scoring tool
Pink Paislee 365* degrees collection
Colorbox ink (holiday set for red)
Prima say it in pearls
DCWV citrus flower embellie
BasicGrey cardstock swirls (june bug collection)
atyouspica #21 lipstick (pen)
happy birthday or title stamp
1. Start with a Piece of cardstock and cut it to size, you can make a card as big or as small as you want If you are using store bought envelopes I would make it smaller than that remember you will be folding the cards in half so measure accordingly.
2. I score it down the middle so I get a nice clean fold, I use my trimmer's guide to make sure my line is straight down the middle.
3. Fold the card using your score line, If your fold is uneven you can always trim it down the sides/bottom some, but I try to get as close to perfect as possible so I don't have to trim it.
4.Then I ink the edges, I used red, I slightly tilt the card and rub the edges of the card gently against ONLY the edges of the ink pad.
It should look like this (excuse the blur didn't notice till I loaded it)
5. Cut the accent paper down to size, I like to make it smaller so I have a border. Measure your card and cut according to what look you want I try I do a cm all around sometimes more.
SN: I'm using Pink paislee Dream big 365* degrees collection
6. After I've made sure it's the size I want, I ink the edges the same way as before
7. Using my ATG gun I adhere the accent piece to the front of my card
8. Cut and ink two accent pieces of the same paper (one square and one skinny strip across)
9. Glue long strip across middle of paper
and then the square piece on top of that one
10. Ink the Pink Paislee Journaling spot
11. Using my ATG I adhered the journaling spot to the center of the card
12. I added two Basic grey Die cut sticker flourishes to the edges of the journaling spot.
13. I add 2 red rhinestones to the side of the blue strip and then one on each flourish
14. I got my pearls and used them to line the BasicGrey flourishes
15. using my wooden stamp I stamped happy birthday in the center of the journaling spot
16. It came out so light so I used my pen to fill in the happy birthday stamp
This is what it looked like after filling it in I thought I was done but something made me feel it needed more color...
17. I added orange rhinestones to the curve
and an orange 3 d flower (dcwv citrus) to the bottom